Thursday, September 29, 2011

Over It!

We're getting closer and closer to Grayson's big day....countdown 25 days! I am so unprepared it's not even funny. I don't know what I will do if he decides to come early. Hopefully when Drew gets home next Tuesday we can get a lot of stuff done.

I finally got a dresser for his room, but it still needs to be sanded down and painted and new hardware added to it. I also got the toy box from my parents house which was used by me and both of my sisters when we were little, but it also needs to be painted and new hardware...I don't know how many times that thing's lid came down and busted me in the head, so I want to secure it a little better for my babies. The closet still needs to even be painted in that room...I was trying to go through his clothes, but that is kind of pointless right now because I can't even hang them up in his room. I was wanting to cover the car seat to match the new stroller (which we don't have yet either), but it looks as if that's really not gonna happen, being that I can't sew and can't find any premade that I like. We still need to get the name I made for the room hung up too....plus everything else that needs to go on the walls as well... Basically the nursery is NO WHERE near done! We even still need to buy Cadyn's toddler bed just so we can finally put the crib in Grayson's room. With Drew being gone every other week it makes it really difficult because I can't physically do most of these things without him...which gives me 2 full weeks left of him being home to get things ready. I sure hope we can do it.

It still blows my mind that there is about to be a newborn in the house. I'm really curious to see how Cadyn is going to react. I know he eventually will be an awesome big brother, but he is just so young right now, he doesn't understand that his life is also about to change. Although, he has been a little bit clingy lately so maybe he understands more than I realize. We talk about how there is a baby/or "bubba" in mommy's tummy, but when asked where bubba is he either will pat my belly or his own....so obviously he doesn't quite get it lol. He's very smart and is a little sponge, but 18 months is a little early to comprehend that there is a baby living in mommy's tummy and it is about to come out and turn your world upside down.

I am about getting to the point of not wanting to go into public anymore while pregnant. I can't go anywhere without people asking if I'm having twins or people telling me that this baby is going to be huge. It gets SOOOOO old haha. I try to have a good sense of humor about it, but when you hear the same things over and over and over again, it gets really annoying. Last appt. Grayson was weighing about 6 lbs....they gain about .5 a lb a week, which will put him at just under 8 lbs. Dr said that he probably will be a little bigger than Cadyn (7lbs 9 ozs), but most likely not over 8....which makes him an average size baby. So, when people tell me that it looks like the baby is going to be huge, it just means they are telling me that I'M huge....not a nice thing to hear. It doesn't help when you go to a restaurant and the host sits you in a booth that you can barely squeeze in to. By the end of dinner, I was miserably uncomfortable....time to start requesting tables.

Well, I think that might be enough complaining for now...I know that there is a lot more of that to be done in the next 3 weeks so I'll save some for later. Hope everyone is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment