Wednesday, September 7, 2011

It's Been a While


It has been quite a while since I last updated on here. It just so happens that being a mommy takes a lot of time. I am going to try and be better about updating, because I love looking back to what was going on and what I was thinking in the past. Also, what's a better way to keep a timeline of my children's lives than keeping a blog about them?

A lot has happened in the past year or so. We moved back home to Oklahoma in July of 2010. We lived with my parents until November (2010) and then lived with Drew's parents until March (2011). We had a house built out in Henryetta on 10 acres and until that was finished, we were nomads. We are finally all settled here and I LOVE it! We live off of the beaten path and out in the boonies and I wouldn't have it any other way. I can't wait until the boys are bigger and we can go "exploring" out on our land :)

In January, we found that we are EXPECTING again. It was exciting, but scary at the same time. Knowing that our little ones would be so close together (19 months) was a scary thought! The more I talked to people about it, who had children who were close in age, made the thought a little less scary. Everyone has told me that it's great and actually easier than spreading them apart. So, here I am almost 33 weeks pregnant and couldn't be more excited to meet our newest family member, Grayson Timothy Gillispie. 2 boys....I am SO outnumbered here :)


We still have quite a bit to do before he gets here. His room is NOWHERE near finished. The plan is to go buy the paint for his room this week. Luckily, we only have to paint one wall, the accent wall. When we first moved into the house I knew I was pregnant, but didn't know what I was having so we painted the whole room a neutral color and decided when it came time we would just paint one wall. Cadyn's room is done the same way....3 walls neutral and one wall a light blue. We are painting that wall in Grayson's room a mix between a royal blue and a navy blue....hopefully it turns out looking nice. The only thing we have for his room right now is the bed and bedding, but Cadyn is still currently sleeping in the crib so we still need to buy Cadyn his new big boy bed before setting up the crib in Grayson's room. Hopefully, that will be an easy transition. Cadyn is a very easy going little boy and hasn't had any problems when it comes to transitions. He thinks he is bigger than he is, so he will probably be SO PROUD when he gets his big boy bed....here's to hoping :) Here are the letters I have been working on for Grayson's room...

Cadyn is currently 17 months old and just an AMAZING little human being. He amazes me everyday. He is EXTREMELY smart and very advanced for his age. He has a vocabulary of over 100 words and can name most of the animals and tell you what sounds they make (which is hilarious), he knows all of his body parts & just learned yesterday how to count to 3 :) He makes me VERY proud. He's a very independent little guy, he loves nothing better than to just go in his room and play. He loves building things with his legos (which makes his daddy very proud....Drew has an obsession with legos himself lol), he loves reading books, & putting puzzles together. It's so neat to just watch him play...you can see the little wheels turning in his head when he discovers something new. I really can't wait to see how Cadyn is going to interact with Grayson, but one thing is for sure...he is going to be an awesome big brother.

This pregnancy has, so far, been a breeze. I am one of only 25% of women who do not get morning sickness in the first trimester....what a blessing! I had to get a new dr this go around since we moved, which was kinda stinky, because I looooved my dr I had with Cadyn. I chose Dr. Nilson because I had heard such great things about him from SEVERAL people. He has made this pregnancy fun...he's a trip. Not only has the pregnancy been easy, but it has also gone by SO FAST. I cannot believe that I am already almost 33 weeks. I guess when you are chasing a toddler around all day, you don't really have time to sit and just wait. It seemed like I was pregnant forever with Cadyn. The date for my csection has already been scheduled so I won't even have to sit around and wait and wonder when he will be here. Grayson will make his debut on October 24, 2011 and we will start around 7am. He is going to share a birthday with his Aunt Ashley :) I'm really thinking that time needs to slow down just a wee bit though, I don't know if I am quite ready to have a newborn around again.....guess I better get that way!


No comments:

Post a Comment